Nested public imports - bug or feature?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 13 09:40:29 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 16:37:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Well, that's better than requiring the full import path, but
> requiring _any_ module name is just plain annoying IMHO. If I
> were okay with that I wouldn't be doing stuff like
>
> using namespace std;
>
> in all of my .cpp files - and that's a really common thing to
> do.

Matter of scale. At some point of application size maintenance
cost become much higher than development costs - and problems of
name clashes become more important than any extra typing
annoyance.

In my C++ projects such "using" abuse was normally banned.