Nested public imports - bug or feature?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 13 10:09:09 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 17:06:18 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
>> Matter of scale. At some point of application size maintenance
>> cost become much higher than development costs - and problems
>> of name clashes become more important than any extra typing
>> annoyance.
>
> Well, if name clashes become that high in a .cpp file, odds are
> that it's pulling in too much stuff.

My projects have been broken twice by adding new functions to
druntime (and one was symbol added to object.di :)). Forgive me
if I discard that argument as nonsense. If short names are
allowed and project is big enough, clashes are simply inevitable.
With D module system even medium size will do.