Matrix API support - start with formats?

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 14 11:51:49 PDT 2015

On Friday, 14 August 2015 at 15:11:39 UTC, ponce wrote:
> Are sparse matrices a common scenario?

Yes. They tend to pop up in virtually all "serious" numerical
problems in science and engineering, particularly when partial
differential equations are involved.

> If anything I think small vectors, non-sparse matrixes and
> rectangles/AABB could be part of Phobos before that.

If you just had a go at it from the CG/gamedev perspective, you'd
probably end up with an API that is entirely unsuitable for
larger problems. This might not be a big issue (just have two
separate APIs), but we'd need to make it a conscious decision.

  — David