Visual Studio Code

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 15 22:12:05 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 15 August 2015 at 18:04:20 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> Just a side note, looking at the main page of dlang.org, I
> don't see  any reference to who's using/contributing to D, or a
> link thereto.
>
> I think it would help a lot of the logos of the D language's
> top sponsors could be seen somewhere on the main page. Maybe
> along the bottom as "Proud D users" or something. The top ~10
> sponsors could be chosen based of the dollar amounts or man
> hours contributed.
>
> C++ has "Gold members" on their about page:
> https://isocpp.org/about
>
> Rust has a "Team" page:
> https://www.rust-lang.org/team.html
>
> Python has success stories:
> https://www.python.org/about/success/
>
> I could probably find more, but suffice it to say, it's a
> common occurrence.

Heh, funny you mention this, as I have a tab open in my browser
open to the dlang.org github to remind me to submit a PR for just
such an "about" page.  However, those examples are not that great
for D, as it has no foundation or levels of sponsorship like C++,
no formal teams like Rust, and that python page is actually not
very good, though certainly long.

I was thinking a page to briefly recap the language's genesis,
introduce the two BDFLs, and mention corporate and project
successes, along with some quotes from prominent users.  Feel
free to submit a PR with what you have in mind and we could write
it together:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pulls

Whether it would ever actually be merged is a different question.
;)