std.data.json formal review

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 16 03:39:57 PDT 2015

On 16-Aug-2015 11:30, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/15/2015 11:52 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> For instance "combining" decoding and character classification one may
>> side-step
>> generating the codepoint value itself (because now it doesn't have to
>> produce it
>> for the top-level algorithm).
>
> Perhaps, but I wouldn't be convinced without benchmarks to prove it on a
> case-by-case basis.

About x2 faster then decode + check-if-alphabetic on my stuff:

https://github.com/DmitryOlshansky/gsoc-bench-2012

I haven't updated it in a while. There are nice bargraphs for decoding
versions by David comparing DMD vs LDC vs GDC:

Page 15 at http://dconf.org/2013/talks/nadlinger.pdf

> But it's moot, as json lexing never needs to decode.

Agreed.

--
Dmitry Olshansky