Visual Studio Code

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 18 10:57:51 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 18 August 2015 at 15:11:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Well, that's what the last part is about, but I think you also
> have to tell a story about how the project came to be: that's
> what the first two are about.

I don't know the details, but I read a post somewhere that there
are misconceptions about how long D, or more specifically D2 has
been around. I believe these misconceptions could beget questions
like "D has been around so long, why does it still have so many
bugs!?" So you're probably right that this should be addressed.

> The information exists, it's just not easy to find or
> particularly expansive:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Current_D_Use
>
> You're not going to get people to agree on the idea, or they'd
> have done it already. ;) Somebody needs to submit a PR and
> force a decision, and as you say, it's not much work.  You can
> do that and I'll chip in, or I'll get around to it eventually.

I think the first step would be to draft an email explaining the
intent to put these companies' logos on the home page as "Proud
Users of the D Programming Language" and get Walter or Andrei to
sign off on it. This email could also contain a suggested layout.
If approved, we could send the letter to the relevant contacts,
and if we get a decent number of Yes's, we could move forward
with collecting the companies' information/logos and deciding
how/where they should be displayed.

This could also act as a sort of plug for the companies involved.
It could also be discussed whether or not it was a good idea to
put an "Are you using D?" link on the main page by which a
company could ask for their name/logo to be included.