An Unusual Idea: import std;

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 06:32:02 PDT 2015

I just got an idea:

What about providing a top-level package.d in std?

     import std;
     // use potentially everything in Phobos:
     // with having to care about which import to use

- This would make complete working tutorials even smaller
- And newbies could easier experiment will all the aspects of D

Yes I'm aware of the linker-code-bloat this produces and yes
should of course never be used in production code and yes I'm
aware of the linking problem with C-wrapper libraries such as
curl. Maybe they could be excluded here?

I still it's a cool feature I would like to have when
experimenting with D in small test programs.

Destroy!