An Unusual Idea: import std;

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 06:57:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 at 13:45:32 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> The parsing overhead on my machine is somewhere between 0.5 and
> 1 second.

I recall that Andrei has mentioned plans on further DMD
optimizations that will delay lexing and/or parsing of templates
until they are referenced. Only the matching ending brace of the
template definition will be searched for during the primary
scanning of each source file. The rest is cached as a strings
associated with the corresponding template symbol until it is
referenced/instantiated.