dmd codegen improvements

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 11:26:42 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 at 17:25:13 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

> Apple is invested in LLVM. For other thing you mention,
> WebAssembly is an AST representation, which is both dumb and do
> not look like anything like LLVM IR.

I saw more similarity between wasm and SPIR-V than LLVM, but it
definitely seems to have some differences. I'm not sure what you
mean when you say that using the AST representation is dumb. It
probably wouldn't be what you would design initially, but I think
part of the motivation of the design was to work within the
context of the web's infrastructure.