Dumping the contents of memory to a file

Lewis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 12:05:07 PDT 2015

I was wondering if there was a way to dump the contents of the
heap to a file.

If the heap is guaranteed to be in one contiguous chunk, then all
I would need is:

- The start address of the heap
- The current size of the heap

If it is not in one contiguous chunk, then it might be a little
more complicated.

I'm okay with writing out way more data than needed, I don't need
to compress anything or remove unused but allocated space. This
is for a debugging tool, and so can be a little hacky.

Is this feasible? Does the request make sense?

Thanks!