Presentation Intro to D: What works?

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 13:15:46 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 12:39:11 UTC, qznc wrote:
> Looks like I will give a talk about D to our local Functional
> Programming User Group in August. Feel free to join, if you can
> be in Karlsruhe, Germany:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/de/The-Karlsruhe-Functional-Programmers-Meetup-Group/events/223455553/

Presentation done. Only six people in the audience, but they
appreciated it. 5/6 already had heard about D. 3/6 had played
with it.

If you are interested in my slides:

http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/stuff/FunctionalD.odp
http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/stuff/FunctionalD.pdf

I spent some time on D history and philosophy. Mostly frontpage
stuff.
Then I defined what Functional Programming is imho.
Showed D's functional features.
Then I also talked about "Design by Introspection" or in my talk
"Where typeclasses fail".
Finished with D advertisement.