dmd codegen improvements

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 21 02:17:12 PDT 2015

On 21 August 2015 at 10:49, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 21 August 2015 at 01:29:12 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using gdc -O3 (or ldc) to see if there's a big
>> difference?
>>

> How -Os and -march=native change the picture?

There's a paper somewhere about optimisations on Intel processors that says
that -O2 produces overall better results than -O3 (I'll have to dig it out).

In any case, -Ofast may give you better benchmark results because it
permits skipping corners for IEEE and other standards.

Also, -march=native is cheating, as you'll have the most unportable binary
created from it.  ;-)