Ruby 3.0 to have immutable strings by default / C++ heading towards "generic all the time".

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 21 14:55:11 PDT 2015

On 8/21/2015 7:24 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I probably haven't seen all the stuff you have,

I'd be ashamed of such code if I'd written it, and if I was a C++ program
manager I wouldn't allow such in the code base.

I don't understand why the C++ committee, in its quest to improve the language,
has not pushed forward with proper replacements for typical preprocessor uses,
with the intent of eventually deprecating it entirely.

> but I find that's the only way
> to tolerate working in C++: Macro the crap out of it :)

I try to practice what I preach, and the C++ code base for dmd has been
gradually getting rid of its use of the preprocessor (even though it's pretty
tame use as these things go).