string <-> null/bool implicit conversion

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 21 15:04:14 PDT 2015

On Friday, 21 August 2015 at 21:13:35 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Friday, 21 August 2015 at 20:01:21 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> "This warning almost doesn't break any code!"
>
> It indeed doesn't break almost any code. Yours is quite the
> outlier.

In general, it gets a bit interesting when a feature is useful if
used correctly and gets used correctly by experts but generally
screws up most programmers. For instance, the comma operator
would be a case of that. If used correctly, it can be really
useful, but it's so easy to misuse that it's generally considered
bad practice to use it. And yet, I'm sure that there are folks
out there who love it and use it correctly on a regular basis.
That's not the norm though.

- Jonathan M Davis