Object.factory() and exe file size bloat

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 21 17:11:08 PDT 2015

On Friday, 21 August 2015 at 05:06:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> What do you think?

Well, one suggestion would be to simply version Object.factory so
that programs that don't need it and don't want the bloat can
define a version which versions it out. The it won't pull in all
of the TypeInfos, and you won't get that bloat. It's not exactly
an ideal solution, but it's easy enough to do that it might be
worth it to get rid of that bloat for the folks who can't afford
it.

I do agree though that we should try and find a better way to fix
the problem so that the situation is improved for everyone.

- Jonathan M Davis