[OT] Sharp Regrets: Top 10 Worst C# Features

Shachar Shemesh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 24 06:20:27 PDT 2015

On 19/08/15 15:01, Kagamin wrote:

> Just switch your editor to RTL mode, haha.

OT: (so this is an off topic reply to an off topic thread....)
I actually tried to write a good RTL text editor (you can see the half
baked result at http://bidiedit.lingnu.com). I know your comment was
meant as a joke, but the truth is that mixing RTL text with code does
not work well in any editor I have ever encountered.

The BiDi engine is located too low to incorporate the syntax analysis
required to do it properly (and, in some cases, it is not clear what
"properly" even means) for any editor I've seen to do it.

I usually end up using VIM, because it does not reoredering at all (I.e.
- all text, regardless of language, is shown from left to right), which
means that I can separate syntax from content.

Shachar