DMD git HEAD now self-hosting

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 27 13:40:07 PDT 2015

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this on the forum yet, but as of 23
Aug, dmd git HEAD has switched over to ddmd with the landmark commit
88ec9d8.  Since that time, the remaining C++ files have been slowly but
surely phased out one by one, replaced with their D equivalents.

This is awesome news!!!! I think a celebration is in order. ;-)

As of today, there are still about 28 or so C++ files left (84 source
files are now in D). PRs converting C++ sources to D continue to trickle
in.

Way to go, D!

No! I'm not in denial!