Vision

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 31 01:31:23 PDT 2015

I just stumbled across this recent Rust blog post where they laid
out their vision for the rest of the year, thought it was very
well done, strategic and specific:

http://blog.rust-lang.org/2015/08/14/Next-year.html

D really needs something like that: I'm hoping the next vision
statement will at least move in that direction, ie more concrete.
  I've been asking for a list of priorities from the core team,
say a list of bugzilla issues that they think are important, but
at least higher-level specifics like that would be useful.  It
might help to reach out to more of the core team to write the
next one, as Walter and Andrei may not be keeping track of all
the initiatives that are underway.  I realize D development is
likely more unplanned, but no reason we can't collect some common
medium-term goals in one place.

The recent use of trello for short-term planning appears to have
been a great move:

https://trello.com/b/XoFjxiqG/active

Thanks to Martin and others who spearheaded that effort.