I hate new DUB config format

BBaz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 04:28:20 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 12:03:35 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am not sure why this causes such warfare. Ant is a build
> engine with an XML and a Groovy front end, those that like XML
> use that, those that do not can use Groovy. I am unaware of any
> warfare in the Ant community about this choice.

For me the only valid reason to drop SDL would be the IDE
integration. This is not what had triggered the "war" but
anyway...It seems that most of the D people don't use an IDE, so
they don't get the problem. But they should (use an IDE and get
why two formats is a problem).

Do you want to see the problem with people who don't use an IDE:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3821/files#diff-52580fb75b304ba7b04a6b178fe6cdf4L3085

with completion, the author would not import a module that does
not exist: std -> dot -> list popup...

;)