Three people out of four dislike SDL

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 09:35:12 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 01:43:41PM +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 13:40:59 UTC, terchestor wrote:
> >botched this one. If Walter made this one everybody would threaten to
> >leave D forever and want his head on a spike. But the mistake must be
> >fixed anyway.
>
> You seriously think DUB is D's biggest problem? You don't even need it
> to make use of D.

I find this whole debate hilarious, actually.  We aren't even talking
about D itself, but about a tool that not everyone who uses D uses (I
don't use dub and don't see any future scenario where I might need to
use it), and that, a silly *configuration syntax* for said tool, and an
*optional* one at that. Seriously, you can't get closer to Parkinson's
law of triviality[1] than that. This isn't about semantics (that nobody
understands nor cares about, being the most pertinent issue in a
programming language and all that), not even the syntax of D itself, but
about the (optional!) syntax of an optional(!) tool that some people use
with D, and we're getting all worked up like the world is about to end
or something.

Simply hilarious.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? -- Michael Beibl