Formal Review of std.range.ndslice

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 10:39:58 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 16:03:51 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 20:53:43 UTC, Jack Stouffer
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 November 2015 at 22:45:35 UTC, Jack Stouffer
>> wrote:
>>> This is the start of the two week formal review
>>
>> Friendly reminder that the review ends tomorrow.
>
> The two week review is over. Thank you to everyone who
> commented here or on the PR. Of course, even though the review
> is over, you can still make comments on the GitHub PR up until
> it's merged.
>
> 9il, please let me know if you want to start the voting right
> away or wait until your list is completed.

Thank you, Jack!

I plan to check English text and add 4D example for image
processing and 5D example for computer vision first. They should
help users to imagine use cases.

Plus looks like we need comparison between D.Slice and
numpy.ndarray. Slice is more flexible, faster and generalised
comparing with ndarray. In the same time Slice has not problems
with extensions like numpy dose (as you have already noted) and
it has tiny (in LOC) implementation. I hope that examples and the
comparison would be moved later to DBlog (D needs blog!) with
detailed explanation by another author (I can be reviewer).