"Getting involved" on dlang.org?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 13:01:15 PST 2015

Wouldn't it make sense to have "Getting involved" on the start
page of dlang.org? Most OSS projects feature something like this
on their homepages. In this way, if somebody feels like
contributing to D, they get the how-to info straight away
(preferably not on Wiki, but on dlang.org).

There is a lot of low hanging fruit, stuff that doesn't even
require coding. We should make it as easy as possible for people
to get started contributing (cf. [1]). Thus, it would make sense
to structure a "Getting involved" page along these lines:

1. code (Phobos, dmd etc.)
2. enhancing the documentation
3. enhancing/extending the homepage

When I started with my first humble contributions, I could only
make it happen, because I got tips here on the forum (and per
email). But people should be able to dive right into it, after
reading "Getting involved"

Any thoughts?

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mpom8f$2eta$1@digitalmars.com