Dub use

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 2 01:53:32 PST 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 20:38 +0100, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
> Not currently. dub.sdl is not ideal, because it would lead to
> ambiguities within the dependency graph, but dub.selections.json
> could
> be extended to support that.

As Mathias pointed out putting the compiler choice in the dub.sdl file
is actually not a good idea. I think leaving the dub.selection.json
file as an automated file is probably best, it means it is disposable
and recreatable easily without fear.

> What is also possible is to add a "defaultCompiler" field to
> ~/.dub/settings.json to change the default compiler user-wide.

I hadn't thought of that, possibly because the file name has .json as
an extension. :-)

I wonder if having a per-project file for this sort of "not part of the
package specification, but part of the users use of the package" might
be a good idea. THis way there could be different defaults on a per-
project basis. Perhaps a settings.sdl file per project that takes
priority of the settings.sdl/settings.json file in ~/.dub.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk