Dub use

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 2 04:03:17 PST 2015

digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 20:38 +0100, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> >
> > What is also possible is to add a "defaultCompiler" field to
> > ~/.dub/settings.json to change the default compiler user-wide.
>
> I hadn't thought of that, possibly because the file name has .json as
> an extension. :-)
>
> I wonder if having a per-project file for this sort of "not part of the
> package specification, but part of the users use of the package" might
> be a good idea. THis way there could be different defaults on a per-
> project basis. Perhaps a settings.sdl file per project that takes
> priority of the settings.sdl/settings.json file in ~/.dub.
>
> --
> Russel.

> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip:
> sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

I'd personally like to have a `.dubconfig` settings, similar to how
`.gitconfig` does it (same locations and lookup rules, e.g. ~/.dubconfig
taking precedence over the global one). Some obvious candidates are the
default compiler, where to store the package cache, the default file format
to use, and the default values that gets used for copyright / author /
license when running `dub init`.
I guess this should be part of an issue :)