"Getting involved" on dlang.org?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 2 13:22:43 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 2 December 2015 at 16:54:56 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Good that we're talking about this now. Maybe the D leadership
> is not aware of this. Too many little annoyances that keep
> people from contributing.

I'm going to guess that they are probably not aware of it. When
you are the one that makes the rules, you don't face any of the
issues that follow from not knowing the rules. And if you are a
core developer, there's no problem with assuming that Git/Github
usage is trivial.

The important question is what we are going to do about it. A
starting point would be to state the rules:

This is the style you have to use.
This is what you can and cannot assume the reader knows.
This is what examples should and should not look like.
This is what See_Also is for.

And so on. Of course, I can't write the document, or else I
wouldn't need it.