Strange behaviour of to!string and JSON

wobbles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 3 02:55:11 PST 2015

On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 08:46:44 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> void login(HTTPServerRequest req, HTTPServerResponse res)
> {
>  Json request = req.json;
>  writeln(to!string(request["username"]));
>  writeln(request["username"].to!string);
> }
>
> Why first code print output with quotes, and second not?
> "asd"
> asd

I regularly use
request["username"].get!string; in these cases, as I find it
reads better and is more consistent with what you're actually
doing.

http://vibed.org/api/vibe.data.json/Json.get

Also, I think this is the case (haven't used it in a while),
get!string will fail if the item it's getting ISNT a string,
while to!string wont.