Forum structure

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 3 07:12:37 PST 2015

On 12/3/15 9:41 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 13:20:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I see no problem with asking dub questions (or DWT or GDC or LDC
>> questions) on this forum or d.learn. Sönke will see messages here as
>> well.
>
> I think it's more that having a dedicated forum lowers the threshold for
> asking and makes it easier for users to browse for answers in existing
> threads. In the d.learn and d.general topics get buried real fast.

Anyone looking for a previously asked question is going to have to use a
search anyway. I've never been to a forum to ask a question, and just
looked at the most recent topics to see if anyone's ever asked/answered
that question.

> It also makes Dub more official. I think all the "official D" parts
> ought to be integrated in the main site. Less confusing for newbies who
> try to figure out what tech they should get started with.

Dub has a dedicated subdomain: code.dlang.org.

It has a link on the front page: "DUB - The D package registry"

I don't think it can be more official than that.

-Steve