OT: Swift is now open source

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 3 09:56:49 PST 2015

On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 17:13:49 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> https://github.com/apple/swift

Everytime I get excited about another programming language, I
notice that it lacks some nice features of D, and I become sad
suddenly. Even on C#, there is nothing like giving the type of a
variable like "typeof( another_variable_or_enum ) var;". C# and
Java programmers are not aware of what things they are missing :D
D lacks some features as well, but I do not want to talk about
them here. Some people in the forum are getting into defence and
attack mode immediately.