Pseudo namespaces

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 3 18:37:07 PST 2015

>>> Doesn't scale. -- Andrei
>>
>> To what? How many nested namespaces are you planning?
>
> Many functions, not many namespaces. One declaration per function is
> fail. -- Andrei

It seems worse with namespaces:

1. a linear namespace
2. a sub namespace for linear.stable
3. a function definition for linear.stable.foo
4. a stable namespace
5. a sub namespace for stable.linear
6. an alias (I'm assuming you're not repeating the function definition
here) for stable.linear.foo to linear.stable.foo

Perhaps my strawman isn't what you were thinking, let me know. It
appears to me that you will need more machinery for namespaces.

-Steve