Pseudo namespaces

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 4 00:40:13 PST 2015

On Friday, 4 December 2015 at 02:59:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> FWIW, I don't believe this complexity of API is worth it. It
> may be you have all this wonderful mechanisms to specify
> exactly the runtime requirements for your algorithms -- and

Big-Oh isn't particularly useful, but having an upper bound on
actual running time is useful in real time programming.

What would be more useful is to have the compiler infer worst
case number of cycles or operations or cachelines affected,
whether it allocates or not, whether it can lock, whether it can
result in system calls etc.

I don't think the handwritten documentation is all that useful,
but measured performance using a test suite on a given
architecture could be very useful!