Pseudo namespaces

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 4 00:48:58 PST 2015

On Friday, 4 December 2015 at 06:57:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/3/2015 12:59 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>> This isn't any different from namespace struct idiom, is it? I
>> don't like it
>> because it forces the namespace usage even if it isn't needed.
>
> If you use mixin templates, you can use or not use the
> namespace. prefix.

True, that didn't come to my mind. But that pushes resulting
coding style from "weird but tolerable" to "good luck explaining
newbies why D modules are not broken". All for the sake of a
putting a dot in the name. Look at perspective for a moment think
if you would be happy to use a language which avdertises such
approach as idiomatic (for one of most basic language operations).