Microsoft to contribute to Clang and LLVM project

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 9 07:29:45 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 9 December 2015 at 14:35:29 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
> The problem are the companies to work, where I live today the
> main jobs are for C# or
> Java, I'll not bother to mention of course HTML, JS, PHP...
>
> And what's the relation with you asked? Well many companies
> here have partnership with Microsoft and they use their
> products like VS, so I don't think it's wise.

Hm, I kind of agree with Bruno, and I don't really understand why
dropping a homegrown backend would not be wise? It probably keeps
the language from evolving.

If clang and gcc become the de-facto standard compilers then C++
will gain a new edge because then the shared subset of extensions
that clang/gcc share will become portable and adoption of new
standards will be sped up.