Microsoft to contribute to Clang and LLVM project

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 10 03:16:15 PST 2015

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 at 10:51:00 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> Julia doesn'have that great a penetration in the market
> compared to Python, R, C++ and Fortran.

Sure, in day-to-day work people use what they have until they
need to start over. How is the landscape going to unfold? What
languages would you consider for a from-scratch scientific
library? Same thing with Swift, what languages will you consider
for cross platform mobile development in a year or two?

Interestingly C++'s position has been strengthened within Google
in the last few years, according to Chandler Carruth, so it does
not look like Go will driven towards replacing C++? But, it
probably has a solid position for smaller scale servers. I
personally hope Google will adopt Swift. And I think that would
be a better strategy for Google than pushing Go, Dart and so on.