Microsoft to contribute to Clang and LLVM project

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 10 09:36:47 PST 2015

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 at 12:12:28 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2015-12-10 11:52, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> But D is a fully compiled language with an AOT compiler. How
>> does a JIT
>> fit into the workflow?
>
> REPL, data/config format, perhaps vibe.d diet templates.

Like how rdmd simplifies using dmd, you would want something that
simplifies things further? Like so that when you run something
from rdmd, it doesn't just compile things and then run, it starts
running and then JITs what is needed.

I think there definitely would be something convenient about a
language that you could easily compile or use like a scripting
language without changing the syntax at all.