D is on his way to Top 20 in Tiobe

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 12 01:01:02 PST 2015

On Saturday, 12 December 2015 at 06:32:11 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> Github heavily favors anything related to web programming and
> is skewed by this.
> e.g, do you really think Ruby is more popular than C++?

Not really, but number of projects does not work as a measure of
course. By looking at number of stars last month you get the
projects that have gotten most attention and makes people
excited. I think D has been stable at around 30.

Ruby gets a little higher than Go:

Ruby/Homebrew 747 stars
Ruby/jekyll 515 stars
Ruby/fastlane 528 stars

Python/letsencrypt 3172 stars
Python/acme-tiny 1487 stars
Python/spinnaker 1433 stars

I think these numbers are reasonable and roughly comparable. What
I found interesting is that among the compiled languages that has
traction there seems to be exponential stepping between them.
Which pretty much confirms the "winner-takes-it-all" aspect of
that domain.