D is on his way to Top 20 in Tiobe

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 12 09:55:22 PST 2015

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 07:13:37 +0000, Ozan wrote:

> On Saturday, 12 December 2015 at 04:38:02 UTC, JohnCK wrote:
>> On Friday, 11 December 2015 at 15:29:52 UTC, Ola Fosheim And there is
>> this site: http://githut.info/ where D is in #39 place of 49 languages.
>>
>> John.
>
> ... Where they group CSS, TeX, Matlab, XSlt and other similar together
> with C,  Java and D. (!?)

They give you the data and you can filter it yourself.

I'd count about a dozen languages ahead of D in that ranking that D isn't
competing with and probably never will compete with. XSLT and CSS, not a
chance. Dart, mostly not. Javascript is still mostly for web browsers --
though it would be interesting to create an HTML API for D and hook up
emscripten. Not necessarily *useful*, mind, but interesting all the same.

> Come on,...  for a language with no big company behind, I would
> congratulate D for his surviving and high ranking.

People tend to want to get things done. Corporate support helps me get
things done. It also helps with the perception of the language as a
serious option.

So, yes, congratulations, but I'm still wishing for a large company to
throw its weight behind D.