Wishlist for D

Charles Hixson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 12 11:55:27 PST 2015

A "batteries included" extension to phobos modeled after the Python
modules.
Esp. I'd like a standard linkage to Sqlite via D rather than C, but I'm
sure that other have other most desired libraries.

Additionally, I'd like fewer language changes.  D is a great language
now, and changes, while interesting, are (for my purposes) of at best
dubious value.  (Bug fixes, of course, is a different matter.)

OTOH, I am usually not interested in compile time enhancement, but only
in execution time enhancements.  E.g., I generally find that using
ranges is both less intelligible and less flexible than using indexed
access.  (I originally hoped that foreach would be to allow parallel
execution, as that was the only use I could see for it. Now I'll
occasionally use it, but I so often need to iterate over multiple arrays
that I use indexing much more often.)