Use https: for wikipedia links

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 14 09:08:46 PST 2015

On 12/14/2015 10:31 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 13:47:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> One reason for adding WEB is that the ":" confuses ddoc when "http:"
>> is the first word on a line.
>
> Can we fix Ddoc to require a space/newline after the : to consider the
> preceding text a section heading?

I think keeping WEB would be effective as well.

>> Also, typing it is rather clumsy.
>
> I would argue that links should be pasted from a browser's address bar,
> not typed by hand :) That way you know you're pasting a working link.

I wrote a lot of that documentation, and I like WEB. One of the good
things it does is it helps long links, which normally would wrap (in
emacs etc) to the next line, to the be misinterpreted by ddoc.

At this point, we're heading into "we're wasting time on this" territory
and proceed straight to the well known pattern when every little
argument is fought for and against like someone's life depended on it.
Can we not do that for a change - do as you wish but please let others
be as well.

Andrei