Use https: for wikipedia links

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 14 12:40:48 PST 2015

On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 19:40:56 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 17:08:46 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> At this point, we're heading into "we're wasting time on this"
>> territory and proceed straight to the well known pattern when
>> every little argument is fought for and against like someone's
>> life depended on it. Can we not do that for a change - do as
>> you wish but please let others be as well.
>
> I really wish you would stop saying this every time we discuss
> something minor. You seem to use this every time any minor
> argument doesn't go in the direction you want, and I'm tired of
> hearing it. I don't know where you get the "like someone's life
> depended on it" part - this and previous times, I was idly
> musing about fixing a minor nuisance, not arguing for my life.
> If you think that something is not worth your attention, you
> can also choose to not reply.

I agree that discussing matters can be helpful and productive,
but we sometimes seem to do too much of it and we latch into a
counterproductive pattern. In this case I could have said
nothing, but we were again contemplating one of those diffs that
touch dozens of files to accomplish something not even better.
This I need to actively stand against.

As an aside: Wikipedia (and other sites) automatically redirect
to https. What advantages do we have by using https directly? I'm
sure there's some, but my web-fu could use some guidance. Thanks!

Andrei