Wishlist for D

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 14 13:27:25 PST 2015

On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 11:25:37 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 11:18:31 UTC, Robert burner
> Schadek wrote:
>> On Saturday, 12 December 2015 at 22:57:55 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>
>>> 2. Debug-mode testing of integer overflow.
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3389
>
> I know, but that does not help when one are debugging code that
> doesn't use it.

I have spent a lot of time trying to design the best checked
integer type possible for Phobos, and I intend to finish the job
(hopefully soon).

Nevertheless, I fully agree with Ola: compiler support (similar
to how array bounds checking is handled already) would be much
better than any library solution could be. Doing it right would
also be a fundamental breaking change, though, so this will have
to wait for a hypothetical D3.