We need better documentation for functions with ranges and templates

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 15 00:52:35 PST 2015

On 2015-12-15 04:51, Jakob Ovrum wrote:

> One possible trick is to use multiple `Params:` sections. Optional
> parameters can be described as such in the parameter description to
> reduce the number of `Params:` sections needed.

Yardoc, used in the Ruby world, allows to do something similar. It has
the "overload" tag [1] which allows you specify multiple signatures,
including parameters, in the documentation for a single method in the
source code.

I should add that Ruby doesn't support overloading methods.

[1] http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/yard/file/docs/Tags.md#overload

--
/Jacob Carlborg