Some feedback on the website.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 15 05:42:29 PST 2015

On 12/15/15 5:54 AM, tcak wrote:
> The harder it is made for people to contribute the system for fixations,
> the lesser changes are seen.

I don't think we've had many contributions via the "Improve this page"
button.

> It bothers me so much to report a bug on https://issues.dlang.org . The
> reason is that the password stops working for me. Firefox saves the
> username and password. I try to use it after 2 months, and whops, system
> says it isn't available.
>
> Another issue is contributing the website's design. I reported a problem
> on the forum that is about the title problem of web page.
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/pymfyjuckxbvjolxlczg@forum.dlang.org Still
> the problem will be fixed.
>
> Now I am asking, IF I was to make some changes for web site's look, and
> post a picture of them (CSS changes mostly), would it be okay to discuss
> it here, and apply them in short notice? If a change would take 1 week,
> that doesn't work. I am
> offering help here.

Yes, the css has grown long in the teeth. Just replacing it with
something else is needed, even if it's not an actual improvement.

A related idea is to investigate the use of
http://sourcefoundry.org/hack/ for the code samples. Takers?

Andrei