Some feedback on the website.

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 15 14:25:32 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 10:54:09 UTC, tcak wrote:
> It bothers me so much to report a bug on
> https://issues.dlang.org . The reason is that the password
> stops working for me. Firefox saves the username and password.
> I try to use it after 2 months, and whops, system says it isn't
> available.

Never had this happen to me. What browser and OS are you using,
because issues.dlang.org runs on bugzilla, which is a very
popular piece of software that is used all over the place.

> Another issue is contributing the website's design. I reported
> a problem on the forum that is about the title problem of web
> page.
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/pymfyjuckxbvjolxlczg@forum.dlang.org Still the problem will be fixed.

I made a PR for that issue
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1167

It has yet to be reviewed by someone with merge rights.

> Now I am asking, IF I was to make some changes for web site's
> look, and post a picture of them (CSS changes mostly), would it
> be okay to discuss it here, and apply them in short notice? If
> a change would take 1 week, that doesn't work. I am
> offering help here.

Sorry, but it's completely infeasible for anyone to propose a
sweeping style change and expect it to go through quickly,
especially sense I can guarantee that there are going to be
issues with the first draft you make. If you were to make a PR,
I'd expect it to be either accepted or rejected after maybe two
months of deliberation, if you're lucky. This is the nature of
volunteer work.