Some feedback on the website.

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 15 15:08:09 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 22:17:33 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> What "works" means is still debatable. Is it a goal to get
> users to the download quickly, or are other things equally or
> more important?

Download is the first step in your tunnel. If one can't get to
the download step, one can't use D. And if one can't use D, one
doesn't care about everything else on the website.

> Also, we don't really have the resources to do studies on these
> things, do we? So when you say that it's obviously this way and
> someone else says it's obviously that way, we're back to
> opinions.

Ignoring metrics is always more expensive. Also, I'm not stating
opinion and preference here. Personally, I don't care about the
download button, I already downloaded things. But that's a
classic tunnel optimization.