Voting For std.experimental.ndslice

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 03:01:25 PST 2015

Yes with many conditions:

* Documentation
** The documentation needs a complete rewrite. If I hadn't had
any prior knowledge, I would have needed to read the numpy
documentation to figure what this package does. That is not
acceptable. It is also not clear how the functionally in the
package is supposed to work together, and how it interacts with
the rest of phobos.
** Params, Returns ...

* Style
** the source code does not look like phobos
** s/assert (/assert(/g
** s/unittest {/unittest\n{/g
** unittest properties should be on the same line as the unittest
keyword
** spaces between operators
** dfmt and some manuel work is your friend

* Testing
** most tests only use itoa, what about arrays what about arrays
with user defined types. That's properly trivial but should be
tested.
** interaction with rest of phobos. Can I call map on a Slice? If
I can, it should be tested so that it still works after the next
release.

* Miscellaneous
** string mixins. I think some of the string mixins can be
removed for something more readable/debuggable
**