Some feedback on the website.

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 12:05:03 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 21:45:02 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 13:42:29 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 12/15/15 5:54 AM, tcak wrote:
>>> The harder it is made for people to contribute the system for
>>> fixations,
>>> the lesser changes are seen.
>>
>> I don't think we've had many contributions via the "Improve
>> this page" button.
>>

> I don't know how representative it is, but once in a while, i
> forgot all of this is in DDoc, I notice something, what to do a
> quick patch, and end up being reminded this is in DDoc and I
> have no idea how to fix the thing, because suddenly, what
> looked like a quick fix end up being learning a new macro
> language.

DDoc itself is very simple. The problem is the endless number of
macros we use on dlang.org. E.g. all the different ways to link
to something: A, AHTTP, AHTTPS, ALOCAL, LINK, LINK2, WEB, LREF,
XREF, XREF2, CXREF, ECXREF, MYREF, FULL_XREF, STDMODREF,
COREMODREF, OBJREF... There is also no strong reason to use e.g.
DIVCID instead of plain HTML.