We need a good code font for the function signatures on dlang.org

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 07:43:22 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 21:05:27 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I was looking at
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169
> and that bold sans serif proportional text for the code is
> just... well let's say it's time to replace it.
>
> What would be a good code font to use for those?

I don't think listening to random forum opinions (Inconsolata!!1)
is a good process. What is the intention we want to convey with
the font choice?

a) Just use whatever is default, we dont care.
(font-family:monospace;)

b) Use what the viewer is familiar with. That depends on the OS
and other factors. Consolas for Windows users? A quick google
tour did not turn up any popularity statistics for "programmer
fonts".

c) Something beautiful. We are special. We care for every detail.
We have a brand. Increased loading time for the website is the
price to pay. It should also look the same on most systems.

d) Any other relatively objective process?