What is the state of D for game development?

BLM768 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 09:46:15 PST 2015

On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 17:38:31 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I am stealing HerrDrFaust's question from the following Reddit
> thread:
>

> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3wqt3p/programming_in_d_ebook_is_at_major_retailers_and/
>
> Please answer here or there.
>
> Thank you,
> Ali

Well, we have some bindings to game dev libraries, but the
ecosystem isn't nearly as rich as what's available with C++.
Derelict has bindings to almost all the "basic" libraries,
though. I've been working on a binding to Bullet Physics, but
it's stalled while I wait on a DMD pull request that I put in to
allow the kind of introspection my method requires.