Some feedback on the website.

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 11:27:56 PST 2015

On 12/17/2015 5:44 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 11:47:23 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/16/2015 11:12 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>> Having said that, though, using ddoc for the website leads to other
>>> problems (e.g., the ongoing fiasco with XREF, LREF, whatever-REF and the
>>> associated relative/absolute URL nightmare that a proper web authoring
>>> system would have taken care of by default).
>>
>> Annoying, and maybe you have to spend a couple minutes picking the right one
>> if you've forgotten for the moment => absolute nightmare? Come on.
>
> How does a user who happens to spot a mistake in the docs and wants to help work
> this out?

1. he can file a bugzilla issue

2. he can click on the "Improve this page"

3. to find out what LREF does:

     grep LREF *.ddoc

If what a trivial text macro does is beyond his ken, and/or using grep, I wonder
if he should be improving programming documentation at all. I do expect this to
be part of the baseline knowledge a programmer should have. I wouldn't expect an
accountant to know this stuff.