Some feedback on the website.

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 13:17:41 PST 2015

On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 19:50:40 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 12/16/15 6:47 PM, BLM768 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 23:43:41 UTC, BLM768 wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>
>> ...and as I read some older posts, I see that mine is
>> completely
>> redundant. ;)
>>
>> Seriously, though, I'm willing to help prototype something.
>> I've got
>> time before the next semester starts.
>
> If you have some time and motivation to improve the
> documentation, there's tremendous opportunity for impact. So
> much low-hanging fruit, all well before we explore switching to
> a different way of building the site. And whatever improvements
> you make won't compete with future changes. There's so much
> opportunity there it hurts. -- Andrei

Yes, I'm kind of disappointed I brought up ddoc in there, because
everything has been ignored now, while in there, there are many
thing more important than using ddoc or not.

And I'd say there is also way more impact changes to do than
cleaning the doc as you mention. Searching the doc is late in the
tunnel. Clearing the home page has much higher impact options.

But, to start, let's take action. Andrei, does dlang.org has any
kind of analytic setup ? If not, would you mind setting up
something as google analytic ? That should give us data on what
changes are impactful.